- Always leave some money on the table.
- Never compromise on your principles.
- Try to judge what's fair from the other side's point of view.
- Write down your goals and scenarios before every negotiation.
- Ask questions.
- Information is power.
- Discuss only broad terms and conditions on the onset.
- Whenever possible, let the other person make the first offer.
- If you must make the first offer, make it high.
- Always encourage the other party that we are making a deal.
- Always come down very slowly if you are selling, and up very slowly if you are buying.
- Never give up a concession without getting one in return.
- Never lose track of how many concessions you have given up.
- Be skeptical about deadlines. Most are negotiable.
- Never let an issue be discussed unless you are prepared. Sleep on it.
MJD Business Advice LLC is owned by Mike Daley, an award winning, small business expert, who has over 37 years of experience helping entrepreneurs start, grow, buy, and sell businesses as well as conducting many seminars and training programs. The business website is http://www.mjdbusinessadvice.com
Some of the specialties at MJD Business Advice LLC include business planning and execution, financial forecast reviews, capital infusion strategies, strategic marketing, and sales process improvements. We develop and help you implement the processes to get to the next level of success. Let's Grow Together!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Mike_Daley
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6273152